TRE BICCHIERI FOR THE CAPITEL MONTE OLMI
In its 2024 edition, the authoritative guide Vini d’Italia from Gambero Rosso once again has recognized Tedeschi wines.
The Capitel Monte Olmi Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG Classico Riserva 2017 came away with the greatest prize, the Tre Bicchieri (3 Glasses).
“… Monte Olmi provides the grapes for a production of wines with strong identifying characteristics that span from fragrant wines to Amarone wines that are deep and potent. The Monte Olmi 17 is the manifestation of this style…in the mouth it is thick and potent while at the same time is endowed with an unexpected acidic tension that creates a wine with a harmonious and dynamic duality.”
2 Bicchieri Rossi went to the Maternigo Valpolicella DOC Superiore 2020, which “revolves around an intense fruit note and a solid palate with spicy savoriness.”
All other wines tasted:
- Ansari Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG 2019
- Marne 180 Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG 2019
- Capitel Fontana Recioto della Valpolicella DOCG Classico 2019
- Lucchine Valpolicella DOC 2022
- Capitel Nicalò Valpolicella DOC Superiore 2020
- Capitel San Rocco Valpolicella Ripasso DOC Superiore 2020
were awarded 2 bicchieri, confirming the widespread quality across the entire range of Tedeschi products.
Thank you to the entire Editorial Board of Gambero Rosso!